Nominees of the Award are divided into two groups:
Group I – Self-nominated restaurants that submitted applications through the Award website within the time period announced by the organizer.
Group II – Restaurants nominated by the Experts of the Award.
Selection of the Nominees for the Award:
- Experts of the Award vote for restaurants in two stages:
Stage I. An expert enters the name(s) of the restaurant(s) into the online questionnaire, depending on which they think are the best in each nomination (18) in the regional centre and the region where they live. The number of picks is unlimited.
Stage II. An expert enters the name(s) of the restaurant(s) into the online questionnaire, depending on which they think are the best in each nomination (18) in Ukraine, with the exception of the city and region where they live. The number of picks is unlimited.
An expert has the right not to nominate anyone, both in stage I and stage II, if, in their opinion, there are no restaurants in the nomination that meet the nomination criteria.
- The Organizer of the Award compiles lists in each nomination according to the results of the Experts’ voting. All matches are converted into a number of votes. The Organizer passes the Expert’s list of restaurants over to the Awards Auditor.
- After the Awards Auditor confirms the results, the results of the Experts’ vote are referred to the Jury board for familiarization.
Formation of the list of the Finalists:
- The list of restaurants-finalists of the Award is approved during the meeting of the Jury board in the presence of the Awards Auditor.
- In each of the 18 nominations, status of the Finalist is received by no more than 9 restaurants.
- If a restaurant-finalist ceases to operate before the VII Gala Awards Ceremony of National SALT® Restaurant Awards (November 30, 2019), the Organizer excludes it from the nomination. The right to the status of the Finalist of the Award does not transfer to the next restaurant in the Experts’ rating.
- The determination of the Winners of the Award is based on the Experts’ professional assessment of the restaurants-finalists made during visits.
Assessment of Finalists by the Jury board:
- Each restaurant-finalist is visited by at least five members of the Jury board who are experts in the specialization of the restaurant. This takes place from June 11 to October 31.
- Following the results of the visits to each restaurant-finalist, each Jury member provides a copy of the receipt (payment confirmation) and enters the score into the online-questionnaire.
- Ratings of all the Jury members for each restaurant are summarized to derive the final score of a Finalist by determining the arithmetic average value.
- The Organizer of the Award presents results of these visits to the Jury board in the presence of the Awards Auditor at the final meeting a week before the awards ceremony.
- Voting for the winner in each nomination based on visits to restaurants takes place during the Jury board meeting. The Awards Auditor confirms the minutes of the meeting and its results.
Announcement of Winners:
The award is monitored by an independent auditing company – RSM Ukraine.
Winners of the Award will be announced at the Gala Awards Ceremony of National SALT® Restaurant Awards on December 1, 2019 in the CEC “Parkovy”, Kyiv.